Traveling is an inevitable part of life and something that we can’t survive without. We have planned road travels like weekday office commutes, weekend outings, and those long trips. We all have different driving styles, some are smooth on the accelerator and some are harsh. But sometimes reckless behaviour can lead to road accidents which are never a part of anyone’s plan. And road accidents can be really really ugly. A person’s driving style can increase or decrease the probability of an accident but you can never know when someone has a lapse of concentration on-road and bang your vehicle. Apart from damage to vehicles, there is always a possibility of physical injuries. With every passing year the vehicles on road are increasing, hence chances of accidents. Thanks to the automobile companies for the advanced safety technologies that accidents are becoming less harmful. You can be a careful driver but you can never know when a negligent or reckless driver hit you.
According to a recent survey, there are more than 1.1 million uninsured vehicles in the UK. And this leads to the ever-rising incidents of hit and run cases. In 2018 alone, around 75000 drivers were caught by the Police for driving without insurance. And you can easily estimate the actual numbers of the drivers without insurance as this is the number of the people who were actually caught. The laws are becoming stricter and the number of uninsured drivers is decreasing each year. Still, the number of 1.1 million is insanely high. This means when you are driving on road, every fourth vehicle is being driven by an uninsured driver. And mostly uninsured drivers are involved in most hit and run cases. And road accidents can be fatal and life-changing.
Lucky ones escape with minor bruises, cuts, and whiplash. Road accidents can even cause a limb amputation, paralysis, and can be fatal. And lawmakers have made it possible to make a claim for compensation. The compensation helps you recover from injuries and fixing your vehicles without leaving you financially drained. In some cases, if a person is bedridden for some time and lost income for some time, the compensation amount may go higher. So, if you have had an unlucky day on road, you can apply for compensation from the Motors Insurers Bureau (MIB).
Personal Injury Lawyers at ClaimLine365 have helped many to get their road accident claims against Uninsured drivers. ClaimLine365 has a No Win No Fee system. This means you don’t have to pay anything in advance. We are a responsible firm and we understand the physical, financial and psychological injury one suffers after a road accident. Our friendly guide you providing you best possible solution. And we charge only if you get compensation and just a fraction of that which never exceeds 25% of the compensation. In the majority of cases, this compensation is paid by the insurance company of the driver at fault but there are still more than 1.1 million people on UK roads who take the risk of driving their car without insurance.
Motor Insurance Bureau is a non-profit organization found in the UK in 1946 as a private company limited by guarantee. This company is funded by an estimated £30 a year from every insured driver’s premiums and provides compensation for road accident victims caused by an uninsured or untraced driver. Motor Insurance Bureau ensures one gets a claim in case an insured driver or untraced driver causes damages to your property, vehicle, and you. ClaimLine365 is a leading legal firm that helps you prove the accidents and injuries have occurred and is very much experienced dealing with MIB.
The claim to MIB can include the cost of fixing the vehicle or even replaced in case of total damage. It can also include the loss of use and temporary car hiring expenses.
The compensation claim against an Uninsured driver includes physical and psychological injuries. The cost, as well as pain and suffering involved in on-going physiotherapy or other medical treatments, are also included when claiming compensation. And a smart team of Personal Injury Claim experts at ClaimLine365 can help you get the compensation you should be getting.
The motor Insurance Bureau has enacted strict rules to avoid bogus claims under their Uninsured Drivers’ Agreement. Compensation against Uninsured driver can be claimed in the following conditions:-
1. Driver-Vehicle mismatch- The driver driving the vehicle responsible for the accident was not insured to drive that vehicle.
2. The injury claim has to be made within the next three years of the accident. This means if the accident occurred on 18 May 2019, the claim has to be made before 17 May 2022. Any further delay will make you ineligible for the Personal Injury Claims.
3. Accident location should be in the UK. Now, the Motor Insurance Bureau is a body established in the UK and holds responsibility for accident claims made for accidents that happened in the UK only. If a UK vehicle meets an accident with an uninsured driver outside UK, MIB will reject the claim straightway.
4. The property damage claim has to be made within the six years of the accident. This means if an accident occurred on 18 May 2019, the property damage claim has to be made on or before 17 May 2025. And Police reports for the same should have been already submitted by 23 May 2019 else MIB will cite the delay in reporting as a reason to reject your claim.
5. You have not tried to falsely inflate the losses. MIB understands that some people try to make financial gains and find opportunity in everything. And hence it strictly cross-checks that you have not inflated your vehicle repair bills, your treatment bills, over-representation of damage to property. All bills are crosschecked and sometimes matched with other similar cases.
6. The accident should have been reported to the Police within 14 days for Personal Injury Claims and within 5 days for a property damage claim. For example, if an accident occurred on 18 May 2019, the Police Report has to be submitted by 1 June 2019 for Personal Injury Claims and by 23rd May 2019 for property damage claims.
7. Passenger claims can be ineligible if the passenger was aware of the uninsured driver status before he started driving. In this case, the passenger will be held responsible for his own damage as he took the risk knowingly.
The amount of compensation against Uninsured Driver depends on the intensity of injuries, the level of damage to the property, and income losses due to the inability to earn due to accident.
The MIB has put a set of strict rules and you may need to provide the following information while claiming compensation against an Uninsured driver:-
1. Reference of Police and Witnesses.
2. Circumstances of the accident and explanation of how it occurred.
3. Proof that it was not your fault.
4. Relevant evidence to prove that the other driver was at fault.
5. Evidence of property damage, vehicle repair costs, injuries, physiotherapy or healing treatment costs, loss of income. These costs and proofs have to be precisely mentioned and recorded. Motor Insurance Bureau carefully checks everything to avoid false or inflated claims.
There are many requirements for the Motor Insurance Bureau “Uninsured Drivers Agreement”. Experts at ClaimLine365 make sure you comply with the rules in order to receive compensation. The Personal Injury lawyers at ClaimLine365 will help you estimate the evaluation of your injuries and hereby ensuring that your claim of compensation against Uninsured Drivers has all your expenses covered. However, you can also reach out to the Motor insurance Bureau directly and submit your claim for compensation against Uninsured Vehicle free of cost. MIB officials guide provide necessary documentation which helps you to fill various online claim forms.
When your claim is submitted to the Motor Insurance Bureau (MIB), it usually begins with cross-checking with Police Records for your copy of the report. That is why we mentioned that a Police report has to be submitted within 14 days of accident for Personal Injury Claims and within 5 days for Property damage claims. If there has been a delay, your claim may be instantly rejected.
The claim for compensation against Uninsured Drivers may take months and it becomes hectic for a person already suffering from physical, financial, and psychological injuries. That’s why ClaimLine365 offers No Win No Fee Policy. We will charge you only if you receive your compensation meanwhile taking all your headaches of documentation and all.
If you have had an accident then contact our friendly team today on 0203 813 9654 or simply fill out our contact form and we will call you back as soon as possible